Creating a Safe Environment (for Volunteers) Online Training Instructions
All adult volunteers working with children, youth, or vulnerable adults need to complete the same training— whether they are new, renewing after 3 years, working with children/youth, or working with vulnerable adults.
Training is composed of 8 activities:
2. Meet Sam
3. It Happened to Me
4. Exploitation in Elder-Serving Programs
5. Abuse Risk Management for Volunteers
6. DOR policies for Volunteers
7. CASE Volunteer Policy
8. Volunteer Code of Conduct (you do not need to print unless you want a copy for yourself)
Technical support is available Monday – Friday from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. by calling the Diocese of Rochester’s Helpdesk at 1-800-844-7177. We welcome comments or suggestions; send them to email@example.com.
TO CREATE AN ACCOUNT TO ACCESS THE TRAINING:
- In the address bar of the web browser, type in the address dor.training. (Note: This program will not run on Microsoft Edge. Recommend using Google Chrome.)
- Click on the “Employee/Volunteer Training” icon on the top right portion of the homepage.
- You will arrive on the “Employee/Volunteer Training” page. Scroll down until you see the “Volunteer Training” icon.
- Click on the “Volunteer Training” icon on the lower left center portion of the page.
- When you arrive on the “Volunteer Training” page, select the English or Spanish version by clicking it. The course will highlight in grey before you click it.
- When you arrive on the course screen, click the blue “ADD TO CART” button.
- Click the blue “Shopping Cart” icon on the top right portion of the screen. This will bring up the “Your Shopping Cart” window. Make sure the information in the window is correct and then click the blue “CHECKOUT” button.
- You will come to the “Account Login” page. Enter your email address in the “Register For An Account” box and click “REGISTER NOW”, if you do not already have an account. If you already have an account, enter your username and password in the “Sign In To Your Account” box and click “SIGN IN”.
- The “Register For An Account” box will expand. Enter the information requested and click the blue “SUBMIT” button.
- You will come to the “Review Cart” page. Review the information and click the blue “CHECKOUT” button.
- You will come to the “Make Payment” page. Enter the information requested, review it and click the blue “PLACE ORDER” button.
- A confirmation page will come up. You will also receive a confirmation email to the address you provided that you can keep for your records. Click on “Go to Dashboard” in the upper right corner of the screen.
- The “Group Association” box will pop up. Please select the parish/school/ministry applicable to you and click the “Submit” button.
- Click on the “Begin” button in the “My Courses” box and next to “Safe Environment- Volunteers” to begin your training.Notes:
You must complete all 5 modules of the safe environment training for volunteers. Please do these in order. Each of the first four modules ends with quiz questions. To go to the next module, click the button that says “Return to activities” in the top left-handed corner.You may stop and log out between modules.When you have completed all 5 modules, please print your certificate, and give a copy to your parish/school Creating a Safe Environment Coordinator.Thank you for your ministry!
DOR Safe Environment Website: Creating a Safe Environment for Volunteers
How to take a screen shot (pdf file – 236kb)
Pop Up Blocker Info (pdf file – 158kb)